HELP US TO HELP OTHERS
Could you help us feed the world's hungry?
Over 90 percent of the world's hungry are prisoners of poverty. They are too poor to buy enough food. They spend all their time and energy trying to survive.
WFP's innovative food aid projects not only put food on the tables of the weakest and poorest: jobless mothers, school children, landless farmers and HIV orphans. They also help the hungry to secure food and an income by themselves, so they can break out of the poverty trap and build a sustainable future.
Menu for Hope is an annual fund raising event, originally devised by Chez Pim. Last year the campaign raised US$17,000 for UNICEF in just twelve days. In 2006 we will be raising funds to support the United Nations World Food Programme.
As you make plans for your holiday celebrations whether it be Christmas , Hanukkah , Kwanzaa or maybe just an end of the year party, take a moment to think about those 90 per cent. Don't let them go hungry. Help us to help them.
Here's how you can help
Bloggers from the Food and Wine blogging community throughout the world have pledged prizes which will be raffled on line. You can purchase a ticket or tickets at US$10 each. Each prize has a unique number and you must quote that number when you go the First Giving web site to purchase your tickets and make your donation.
All ticket monies are collected by the on line fund raising company First Giving on behalf of Menu For Hope.
This year the world has been divided into regions. You may purchase tickets for any prize from any region provided they are prepared to ship to your destination.
I have donated this cook book as a prize and I am happy to post it to any place in the world.
The cook book Taste Favourites is a mouthwatering compilation of recipes from four of New Zealands best food writers - Laurie Black, Allyson Gofton, Tracey Sutherland and Jennifer Yee. All are contributors to the very successful New Zealand Taste magazine.
Prize Code : AP 14
Prize Details: Taste Favourites Cookbook from New Zealand Taste Magazine
Here's what you should do...
1. Go to the donation page at (http://www.firstgiving.com
2. Make a donation, each US$10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for AP01 and 3 for AP02.
3. For US donors, if your company has agreed to match your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we may claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the results of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession With Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)
First Giving - Menu For Hope
The website where you can purchase tickets on line.
Grab Your Fork - Menu For Hope
Helen of Grab Your Fork is the regional host for the Asia Pacific region. This site has the list of prizes donated by food and wine bloggers in this region.
Chez Pim - Menu For Hope
Pim of Chez Pim is the organiser of Menu For Hope, now in its third year. Go to her site for a full list of the prizes available world wide.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND WORKMATES ABOUT US AND HELP US TO FEED THE WORLD'S HUNGRY.