Ta daaaaaaaaaaaaa. LiveSTRONG Day 2008 has been announced. This year it is on May 13th.
Here in the food and wine blogging community we will be supporting LiveSTRONG Day with our A Taste of Yellow event. Remember last year when 149 bloggers participated? 149 fabulous bloggers made yellow food to show their support for LiveSTRONG Day 2007 . Some chose to share their own cancer experiences and some told stories of their support for their friends or family experiencing cancer.
Please join me again as we remember those loved ones who are no longer with us, support those still fighting and celebrate with those who have won the fight.
I've added a second element to this years event which I really hope you will join. A photo competition. You know you all love to play with your camera as much as you play with your food.
To enter the photo competition you will need the Lance Armstrong yellow wrist band. They are available to purchase on line here at the LiveSTRONG store . To be considered in the judging the yellow wristband must appear in the photograph of the recipe you are are submitting to A Taste Of Yellow. If not entering the photo competition just post a photo to accompany your post and recipe.
RULES FOR LIVESTRONG DAY 2008
1. Event is open to all food and wine bloggers. Photo must be taken by the blogger and photos by professional photographers cannot be accepted.
2. Participants make and post any recipe they chose. Recipe must contain an element of yellow food.
3. Entries can be posted at any time from today but must be forwarded to me by Saturday 19th April. This will give me plenty of time to complete the round up in time for LiveSTRONG Day. Any entries received after this date will not be eligible for photo competition. The write up will be posted on winos and foodies on 13th May 2008 . Entries must be made specifically for A Taste Of Yellow and cannot be entered into other blog challenges.
4. To be eligible for the photo competition you must include a LiveSTRONG yellow wrist band with the recipe dish in your photo.
5. You may include more than one photo in your post but the first photo in the post will be the only photo considered for judging.
6. Judging will be based on quality of photo, originality and creativity.The judges decision will be final. (Judges have yet to be announced).
Please send your entries to me at atasteofyellowATgmailDOTcom before Saturday 19th April.
1. Your name and where you live.
2. Your blog name and URL.
3. The link to your LiveSTRONG with A Taste Of Yellow entry and the name of the recipe.
Last year Recipezaar supported us with their own A Taste Of Yellow event. Hopefully they will participate again this year.
If you have any questions please leave them in the comments section as they maybe helpful to other bloggers.